The latest brick facade memo to residents of building # 5, you need to read this.
Next week, on Tuesday, the path from the back of building #5 going toward the picnic area will be closed off and stay that way until the 2958 wing is completed. They will close it off, bring down the mast climber from the first wing (2956? I always get them confused.), and set it up on 2958. Lagging behind by no more than two weeks will be the other side for the same thing (2954/2960) at which point the entire rear path we’ve been using will be shut down. A new path will be made going directly to West 8th Street from behind our lobby alongside that newly-renovated second wing (2954?). It should make for a shorter walk to the parking lot and train.
Please view our August 3, 2010 meeting minutes.
We just met with another company that will give us a better key fob system and save us around $15k in the process. We also had a separate discussion about the picnic area fence that resulted in some changes that will save us around $10k. Not a bad day. We should be seeing both implementations within a few weeks.
Building #4 will be worked on after building #5.
Some highlights from tonight’s meeting:
- We revised the insulation thickness we’ll be using going forward; adjusting from 1 1/2″ to 3/4″. This will save us more than a million dollars over the course of the entire project.
- We reviewed the free tree proposal from the NY Restoration Project. We have the option to implement it however we want over the next 5 years so we agreed to start this October with just the picnic area and go from there.
- We chose Honest Ballot company to conduct our election this year. They’ve worked for Luna Park in the past. We decided not to use the company from last year, Voting Group, due to a number of issues we had with their service quality.
- We decided to move the Men’s Club from building #2 to building #3. Their current location is adjacent to where we want to put the gym and we can save a lot of money and make the gym bigger by joining the spaces.
- Verizon FIOS is coming to Luna Park. We don’t know when they plan to run their wires but they served us notice of intent.
- Management went through the various options for phone service and made a decision. We’re going to save a bunch of money by switching a bunch of our phone lines to Optimum Voice.