Some highlights from tonight’s meeting:
- We revised the insulation thickness we’ll be using going forward; adjusting from 1 1/2″ to 3/4″. This will save us more than a million dollars over the course of the entire project.
- We reviewed the free tree proposal from the NY Restoration Project. We have the option to implement it however we want over the next 5 years so we agreed to start this October with just the picnic area and go from there.
- We chose Honest Ballot company to conduct our election this year. They’ve worked for Luna Park in the past. We decided not to use the company from last year, Voting Group, due to a number of issues we had with their service quality.
- We decided to move the Men’s Club from building #2 to building #3. Their current location is adjacent to where we want to put the gym and we can save a lot of money and make the gym bigger by joining the spaces.
- Verizon FIOS is coming to Luna Park. We don’t know when they plan to run their wires but they served us notice of intent.
- Management went through the various options for phone service and made a decision. We’re going to save a bunch of money by switching a bunch of our phone lines to Optimum Voice.